A guide to help support women through post-partum healing on the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual levels.
This holistic guide offers practical advice to support women through postpartum healing on the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual levels--and provides women with a roadmap to this very important transition that can last from a few months to a few years.
Kimberly Ann Johnson draws from her vast professional experience as a doula, postpartum consultant, yoga teacher, body worker, and women’s health care advocate, and from the healing traditions of Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine, and herbalism--as well as her own personal experience--to cover
• how you can prepare your body for birth;
• how you can organize yourself and your household for the best possible transition to motherhood;
• simple practices and home remedies to facilitate healing and restore energy;
• how to strengthen relationships and aid the return to sex;
• learning to exercise safely postpartum;
• carrying your baby with comfort;
• exploring the complex and often conflicting emotions that arise postpartum;
• and much more.